Growth Mindset


Confirming what I already knew, a lot of "growth mindset" is about flexibility, or at least is a key part in it. Something new being embracing mistakes! I'm often susceptible to perfectionism to the point that it's unhealthy for myself, I'm hoping to embrace the imperfect so I have better opportunities to learn in the future. I'm interested in seeing how this process will work overall. Hearing people talk about it is one thing, but seeing it in action is another entirely. The research shown shows that it's probably wonderful, I'm still just wanting to wait and see! 


Open Mind (Pixabay)

I believe "growth mindset" to be pretty cool! I had never approached learning this way before so it's fresh and exciting. Needing validation is a huge issue in our society and we need to start training ourselves off of it, working towards more difficult challenges and higher learning. I personally have a hard time using this style of learning but there's always time to change! Going forward, I will be doing my best to apply this to my learning. 


Comments

  1. Ryeli, after reading your post I felt like I can difinitely relate to you. Growing up in a household where my dad is an IT engineer working for Devon and mum worked as the senior researchers as Metereologist for government in India I was brought up in a strict academic setting and always wanting to be perfect is something I strived for as well, I definitely think that making mistakes and improving them is definitely an amazing approach to take.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer