Week 2 Reading Overview

The Ramayana version I have chosen to read is the Public Domain edition for several reasons. For starters, I'm a huge supporter of free and accessible educational materials and love that this version is free. I also think that it's great that this version has notes and illustrations. I believe it will deepen the experience for me. The audio version is another added bonus! While the other edition is pretty neat too, I personally feel as if I will benefit the most from this version. I like having notes to help when I am having difficulty understanding a text. The pictures help me see the story. The Public Domain edition is the right way for me!

I enjoy reading about Rama. I think he's a good hero. He's a good man with a good heart. He's a character that I like to see succeed. His journeys are entertaining. His relationship with Sita is also very good! I enjoy the two of them immensely. I liked this one because it seemed exciting and heroic.

Two things that I love: a good rivalry and a tragic hero. Enter Karna. I liked his story quite a bit. I find his relationships with his family to be very intriguing, difficult. He's also very kind. It's unfortunate that he ended up afflicted by his curse. I chose this because Karna seems very dynamic as do the characters around him. 

I chose this video because a general overview of the Ramayana seemed helpful for me to connect the pieces of what I've learned so far! This video was more in depth than other sources I've found but after reading through the comments, it seems like there's definitely more to cover. That being said, it was still helpful to view and the story straight! It gave me a more complete look at the Ramayana. 

This video explaining how the Rig Veda views creation and existence was short but meaningful. It gave me a clear understanding of how it views creation. Perhaps it is, perhaps is isn't. I find other religions interesting. Who's to say what's right or wrong. I thought the video was quite beautiful. 

Death of Karna (Wikimedia Commons)
I chose this image because I talked about him earlier. I just think he's neat. I'm sad for him though! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer