WEEK 1- Storybook Favorites


The story telling approach to this one was impeccable. A key component in the Ramayana, as mentioned by the author, is karma, and we get to see both positive and negative attributes of it in this storybook. The way the author tells this story is quite classic and reminds me of a child’s storybook. There’s something enjoyable about sitting down to read an old story, whether it be for children or not, its lessons are valuable. Karma for Kids was not only educational but entertaining as well and helped me understand a little bit more about the concept of karma and its role in the Ramayana!



This one was my personal favorite. I love Sita’s story but especially from this narrative! I thought it was equally funny as it was creative. The way the author added flavor to the dialogue by using valley girl colloquialisms made it easier to process. I definitely agree that Sita is a feminist icon and this take is creatively expanded this project outlook for me. I also deeply appreciated the additions of the online store for Sita as well! I found that to be quite necessary for any fansite to have. Overall, the author told the story well in a creative way that allowed for a unique interpretation of these classic characters.



I’m a huge sucker for a theme, especially when its Gossip Girl related. I found this style to be engaging and fun to read, who doesn’t like a good gossip session about Ayodhya’s upper elite? I’m only familiar with the topic on an extremely basic level, so I found that this gave me a better understanding. The introduction made me want to read the storybook. The design was simple, yet effective. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The writing style was enough to make it entertaining. I couldn’t help but read it in Kristen Bell’s voice as I was going through!

I'm glad we got to take a look at some of these! It gave me a few ideas for my own storybook! 


Arjuna Statue: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer