Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata C

Source: Epified's Mahabharata 18-26

It's been a minute since seeing any material related to the Mahabharata, so I chose to go back to it for the week! I liked the video option because I'm going to be pretty busy this week and watching a video is a little bit easier for me to do quickly. I'm glad to see more Epified videos are on the list of reading note options!

I still think it sucks that Karna gets cursed for trying to not slightly inconvenience someone. Like, that interaction was absolutely brutal and we all know his skills do end up failing him when he needs them most, illustrating the principle of karma, but still it seems harsh to curse a teen boy out like that. Poor guy.

I think it would also be interesting to talk more in depth about Karna's armor. I know I've mentioned liking the description of it before, but I think it would be different. I never really do character studies, I do storylines, it might be nice to try something new, but I'm not sure.

I liked the description of the castle that the brothers were trapped in. The whole scenario felt like a plotline on a Saturday morning kid's cartoon. Very silly. I get it was serious, but it read as kind of... ridiculous. Especially with the way they were able to get out of the trap. It's awful, but awful in a super-villainy way. I guess that's a good descriptor.

I think Bhim is my other favorite boy. He does his best and seems to be pretty nice. I've liked everything with him. I know he's not the main character, but I like him more than Arjuna. I liked the video that highlighted him a lot. I haven't seen many stories that include him as a central focus, it might be my job to give him more attention!

Bhima Slays Jarasandha (Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer