Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata F

Epified's Mahabharata Episodes 45-52

This is the last set of the video series! It's sad, but I have enjoyed seeing the beautiful art they have shared with the world!

I literally cannot believe it took the Pandavas that long to intervene for Draupadi. In an ideal world, they would have just decked the person humiliating Draupadi in the face and it would have been over, but this is an epic. it has to be dramatic. Literally, just stand up for your girl! Fight for her! I will not understand how they just let her be disrobed in front of all those people and disgraced like that. I mean, I guess her prayer to Krishna worked and it all turns out okay, but that sucks so bad for Draupadi. Then they're immediately exiled, like, none of them can get a break.

How do the Kauravas have supporters at this point like... what?

I wanted to throw in a quick sentence, but I cannot believe that they lost everything gambling. That's wild.

Arjuna receiving the weapon from Shiva was quite funny to me. I realize these are all very serious things and important, but he just ate leaves and stood on his toes for months? That is kind of funny. I know that I have absolutely made comments on this exact section before on the actual reading, but this scene is so funny. Like, they got into a physical fight over a boar after Shiva was trying to find Arjuna to thank him for his devotion. It's very on brand for both of them. I love the name "pashupata."

I really liked the last episode a lot as well. I enjoy the imagery of a very large monkey blocking Bheem's path and him just giving up and not being able to move the very large monkey. I'm not sure what else I liked about it besides that, but I think it could be fun to rewrite. I like Hanuman, so it would be interesting to see.

Maybe they wouldn't have lost if they had used cooler dice (Source)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer