Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata D

Epified's Mahabharata: Episodes 27-35

This is the third time the stringing of a powerful, divine bow has been a theme in an epic. This time it's with Arjuna, but it has also been seen with Rama and Krishna. I find that interesting for many reasons. As far as I know, a swayamvar is simply a way for a bride to select her groom. It's interesting how the bow is specifically so common. I wonder why that is. I don't remember the name of the bow specifically used here of is it was mentioned.

I still feel bad for Draupadi. I mean, in a previous lifetime she prayed for a husband with all five virtues and life couldn't really give her that? Life gave her five husbands instead. That's kind of strange, but okay! Her brother was wild for telling on her like that though. All these characters want is war, at least that's how I saw them and continue to see them. I get that many of their motivations are completely different, but at the end of the day, their disagreements end in bloodshed or a declaration of war, something to that extent. Oh, good for Draupadi that she's so pretty Kunti knew it would be trouble.

Arjuna's exile was just as silly as I remember it being. All of them having Draupadi as a wife was kind of silly. None of them really wanted her as a wife besides Arjuna, so I never really understood that. The way Arjuna was sent into exile was... not preferred. I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't think he did anything wrong here. He was trying to help someone. It's not like he did anything out of jealousy or something like that. He was just doing his job. Twelve years of exile doesn't fit the punishment if you ask me. (No one did ask me!)

Bhagavad Gita (Source)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer