Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata E

Epified's Mahabharata Episodes 36-44

I wish that Draupadi had liked Subhadra immediately. I get her reasoning. She was probably jealous, but she's forgetting that all women are queens! I liked the way the episode talked about Subhadra's simplicity. I think it would be nice to rewrite this conversation. I think they're nice characters and I just like writing stories where women are friends and talk to each other. I like reading it too! It was a nice little moment to see. 

I like when weddings are described. I think it's nice that they're building a family. Sometimes things are not all terrible. The concept of Abhimanyu maintaining all of the knowledge in the womb is so funny to me somehow. I get that it's because it's his beginning of being a grreat warrior, but it's really so amusing to picture this baby retaining information like that. Baby genius 2.0. 

The fact that Bhim can just rip a man in half with his bare hands? King. I think that's so fun. I also appreciated Krishna in this episode. I like how he ripped a blade of grass in half and Bhim just knew what to do. I like that all of these characters are intelligent and resourceful in different ways. You wouldn't necessarily expect Bhim to be smart because of his strength, but I think that moment indicates otherwise. 

From all of the videos on part E, I'd most likely want to do a story on the episode above. I would want to put more action into it! I just think it's neat. I really liked the way everything happened. A lot happened in each of the episodes this time. I felt so bad for Draupadi at the end and I always have something to say about the poor treatment of her character, but I did want to focus on someone else this time. 

Bhim killing 700 elephants in battle (Source)
(I accidentally used the picture of him slaying Jarasandha in a previous post, so I made do with something else.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer