Storybook Plan

For my storybook, I want to look at the Pinaka as a divine weapon and its holders. I didn't have as much time this week to go into it as much as I would've liked, but I plan on making a detailed outline of each of its holders and the bow itself, reminiscent of video game stats or dnd, whatever you want to call it.

Finding story sources for this is becoming a bit difficult. I know that they exist somewhere, but I lack the skill to find such a thing. I think I might want to make the storytelling aspect be from the bow's point of view, talking about each individual wielder's skills as warriors and so on and so forth. For Shiva, it might be cool to use the fight of Vishnu and Shiva. (I'm still trying to track down an official link, but I like this story! ) I would also like to talk about how the bow is given to King Janaka and then to Rama. This would give me a wide array of characters and stories to work with. Aside from those mentioned in The Ramayana, I'm still looking for a good source! I haven't found many that I think would be good just yet.

As serious as this sounds, I just want to take the reader on a fun journey as told by the bow itself, focusing on the many strengths and weaknesses of each character! Should be fun!

Bibliography: Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A MacKenzie for Janaka, Rama, and the aftermath
Shiva: To be determined

Rama with arrows (Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer