Feedback Strategies!

Be a Mirror
If I'm being completely honest, I chose this one because of the title. I was happy to find that the article itself was interesting itself! It begins by referring back to growth mindset strategies, which I found amusing. Our fixed mindsets really do cause us a ton of problems, don't they? The author refers to a "mirror" in this instance as the role of feedback without judgement, like well, what a mirror does. That's how we are supposed to give feedback in this way. Focusing on the subject makes the feedback more applicable and able to be targeted.

How to Give Feedback Without Being a Jerk
I liked this article. Compliment sandwiches are difficult, I can relate to the author. I've found that the constructive criticism isn't heard as much as the positive feedback, which while also important, I did say several things worth noting! Personally, I find the giving of feedback to be quite difficult. I never want to come off as rude or condescending. I NEVER want to give it when someone isn't reciprocative of it. It's a hard line to walk sometimes. The article mentioned that it's useful to explain why you are giving the feedback and be as transparent as possible. I think this would eliminate most bad faith assumptions as well. I''l try to use these in the future!

As with accepting feedback, giving it is challenging. I like telling people what they did well. I enjoy focusing on what others have succeeded on and not what could be improved on, but I recognize that isn't learning. I think it will be easier for me to attempt giving feedback with these tips, though I will still be overwhelmingly nice and accommodating about it! I can only change so much.

Feedback (Pixabay)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer