Topic Brainstorm

1. Magical Weapons
I was thinking that I could zoom in on key characters in either the Ramayana or Mahabharata and break down their skill set, what makes them a good warrior, tactician, etc. I'd be able to talk about defining moments for each character that I choose, or I could simply choose one and go more in depth with their entire story. I would want to format it like a DND character sheet with stats, how strong the character is, or something along those lines, really playing into the importance of the weaponry. I went through several of the weapons listed on the magical weapons page and it looks like there should be plenty of information to work with! I find their specific weapons neat!

2. Foods Ganesha loves
Indian food/cooking is a huge part of my own life, I thought it might be fun to rework Ganesha as a food blogger, listing favorite recipes with stories throughout. I don't know as much about Ganesha however, I could still do this, using food to retell moments in any story that I choose using the same formula I mentioned previously. I think it would be fun to look at its usage in stories and see if there are any common uses, symbolism, etc.

3. The Pandava Bros
I thought it would be interesting to look at the Pandava brothers as characters, their strengths, weaknesses, etc, in a pageant like manner. This could lead up to Arjuna and Karna's final fight, not really sure! I'd want to do brief profiles for all of them, but I do want to put more focus on Arjuna and Karna's rivalry because I find it the most compelling. Honor being a key aspect for both of them, it could tie in pretty well with pageant answers and being able to retell the stories in a similar fashion.

4. Shiva and Nataraja
Life is probably fairly interesting when you're a cosmic dancer. I would want to focus on Shiva. Of all of the topics, I know the least about this one, but it could be really cool if I could pull this off. I see the project interweaving videos with songs, as well as history focusing on the creation and dissolution of the universe. This idea isn't my strongest, but I know there are plenty of nataraja videos online and music that would pull this together! I would want to learn more about dance in India.

Indrashakti (Wikimedia Commons)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer