Feedback Thoughts

Why Rejection Hurts So Much
I'm no stranger to avoiding minor rejection whenever possible. I find that the minuscule things people don't like bother me the most. I grew up acting, so being told 'no' didn't bother me as much, but it was the little things like a tweet flopping, as ridiculous as that sounds. The article talks about reaffirming self worth by cementing qualities about yourself that you like, which I think works well! It's important to remember why we like ourselves to keep our self esteem high. I sometimes isolate to avoid judgement, not always, but it happens. It's nice to be reminded that it's all just a part of life and social connection is important and not to be avoided. 

Trusting in a good faith assumption is difficult. I like to assume the best in others, but it's easy to be defensive over work you've done or anything really. Constructive feedback is done ultimately to help us grow and produce a better product, helping us develop tools to succeed. It might be easier to lash out and brush off the criticism, but in most cases, people aren't trying to tear you down. 

Feedback in general isn't exactly my favorite thing. I like knowing where I can improve, don't get me wrong, but I like focusing more on what I did well and so I can do those things again. Feedback is good though. We all need to hear it in every aspect of life. We live with ourselves everyday, sometimes it's necessary for someone to point out a mistake we're making! Feedback just serves to help you improve. It doesn't have to be scary. It can be helpful. It's all in the mindset. 

Feedback (Pixabay)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer