Reading Notes: Epified Krishna B

Watch Epified's Krishna Series!

So, Krishna and his girl didn't work out :( but that's okay. He's destined for bigger things! Honestly, I really like hearing about Krishna the best so far. I find him to be kind and to fit my model of what I believe makes a good hero. I like that it feels like an old tale, but with a lot of cosmic power and significance. That might be the way the writers handle the story, but I like it nonetheless.

If Krishna was able to lift a hill, why did Kamsa think an elephant would stop Krishna somehow? I think it's interesting how terrible his plans to attack Krishna were. He never truly grasped how powerful Krishna was and it shows. I mean, that's an awful plan. The way that he defeated his first demoness was so brutal and he was only a child, an elephant seems... weak to me. I like the story though. Kamsa seems very afraid for his own life, which is obvious, but I think his struggle against his own fate is interesting. Was the elephant magic and I missed this detail? I don't know.

So, about the Divine Bow, I do not think it is the same one that I am doing my project on, but it is fun to hear similarities. The stringing of a divine bow seems to be a common theme in Indian mythology. I find that interesting. It says in the video that it was known for its weight, so maybe it is the same? Perhaps it has similar origin. I remember the fight between Vishnu and Shiva and them passing their weapons down. So, still not the same as mine, but similar?? Oh, Kamsa died. That's important. I was more interested in the bow.

I like how he didn't want the people to go through war and wanted their safety instead. I still think that he's a good person. All of his actions have made me like him. He knew what the future held for all of his enemies and let it play out instead. I also found his reunion with his family to be very sweet. It isn't often there's a happy ending. Perhaps there isn't one. The story isn't over. Still, I liked what I got to see.

Krishna & Arjuna (this is unrelated, but the picture was cool!) (Source)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Dolly Parton Fanatic

Week 9 Story: The Best Archer